The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education.
Seven Purposes of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International:
- To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship
- To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education
- To advance the professional interest and position of women in education
- To initiate, endorse, and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavors in the interest of education and of women educators
- To endow scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to non-member women educators
- To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action
- To inform the members of current economic, social, political, and educational issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society.
Leading Women Educators Impacting Education Worldwide.